Meditation and incense.
I have always liked incense. It always reminded me of the smells surrounding all the colorful things that were stacked floor to ceiling in the original Pier 1 store not far from my parents house.
It is so hard to believe that Pier 1 has become the store it is now … or that my house was recently filled with so many of their items.
I have done meditation in fits and spurts over the years. Friends recommend prayer and meditation. Prayer being the purposeful asking of the question, meditation being the calm listening for the answer.
And usually, as now, there was incense burning in the background.
Today I came across an article as I often do on the internet.
In the article they discussed the Top Ten Things I Learned Meditating.
I’m starting to realize that the articles that get the most clicks are “Top Ten Things I …” and “Five Ways To …” and “Fifty Items You Didn’t Know Were …” and so on.
For today I just thought I might pass the article on for anyone interested in gazing at their navels today. It actually had some really good points.
Here they are in a nutshell.
1. Your actions are your only true belongings.
2. Never wish away time. You have a set amount of it, and you don’t get more.
3. Meditation turns you into a more compassionate and patient person.
4. You enjoy food twice as much when you eat it twice as slow.
5. The bigger something is, the easier it is to put off.
6. Meditation lets you work smarter, instead of just harder.
7. Meditation clears your brain’s RAM.
8. Meditation makes you way better at playing pool.
9. You can do any task that doesn’t involve thinking, mindfully.
10. If you don’t want to meditate, try integrating mindfulness into your daily life.
I went to the article because I liked the pictures.
Don’t tell. I like having people thing I’m all serene and stuff.